Concert #033 - March 31, 1990 - Ace Frehley [Trouble Walkin'] - Dos Amigos - Odessa, Texas (1)

Concert #033
Saturday, March 31, 1990 - Dos Amigos (1) - Odessa, Texas


Last Concert in Odessa for the next 15 years or so. Off to bigger adventures in Dallas.

Ace Frehley  [Trouble Walkin']

I was late and missed the openers, if there were any. Went with Chris Byrd.
Last concert before moving to Dallas, October, 1990.

Trouble Walkin' indeed. Ace Frehley was on tour for his new solo band, not Frehley's Comet, in support of Trouble Walkin'. Not a lot of money behind this thing, as he was at an old rodeo venue, that had just become a live venue recently at that time. It was literally outside, in an old rodeo arena. This was just awful. This has to be the worst concert I have ever seen in my life. Poison 1987, Metallica in 1994, Sugar Cubes in 1992, all get a nod, but THIS was a catastrophe. It is a nicer place now, 20 years later, but it was a shit hole in 1990.
Ace was so drunk, he was seen by someone I knew at the time, puking his guts up backstage before the show. I would be hanging out with Ace for about 8 days straight in 2000 over outside of Austin in a cabin at Lake Travis. After a week of that, I am pretty sure that the story of his puking in 1989 was spot on. I think I will wait and tell that story under KISS 1999 Psycho Circus post. It is pretty much a small novel. But, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I did hear a decent solo, so I knew something was wrong, got up on a chair so I could see....
...and it was the other guitarist, I assume it was Richie Scarlet as there is not a lot of info about his touring band. I was not Ace, as Ace definitely had Trouble Walkin'.
Last show in Odessa for YEARS to come, like...a decade.

First time to see Ace.
Only other thing worthy of note....Sandy Slavin from fucking RIOT on drums. that guy, is almost as good as Phil Rudd, as far as straight ahead groove rock, IMO.

33 concerts alone in Odessa  ...still missing some.........
Probably 150 or so more after I moved to the metroplex....



Ace Frehley  [Trouble Walkin']
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouble_Walkin%27




  • Ace Frehley (1) - guitar, vocals
  • Richie Scarlet - guitar, vocals
  • John Regan - bass guitar
  • Sandy Slavin (2) - drums

Setlist?? This came from another stop on setlist.fm. I don't think he made it through this many songs. He was really wasted.

  1. Rip It Out
  2. Hard Times
    (KISS song)
  3. Parasite
    (KISS song)
  4. Snowblind
    (With I Want You tag)
  5. Rock Soldiers
  6. Breakout
  7. Into The Night
  8. Strange Ways
    (KISS song)
  9. Torpedo Girl / Speedin' Back To My Baby / Five Card Stud / Trouble Walkin'
  10. Stranger In A Strange Land
  11. New York Groove
    (Hello cover)
  12. 2,000 Man
    (The Rolling Stones cover)
  13. Shock Me
    (KISS song)
  14. Rocket Ride
    (KISS song)
  15. Deuce
    (KISS song)
  16. Love Her All I Can
    (KISS song)
  17. Love Gun
    (KISS song)
  18. Cold Gin / Black Diamond outro




Comments