Concert #021 - Friday July 26, 1985 - Ratt [Invasion of Your Privacy] - Bon Jovi [7800 farenhiet] - Ector County Coliseum - Odessa, Texas (19)

Concert #021
Friday, July 26, 1985 - Ector County Coliseum (19) - Odessa, Texas





Ratt [Invasion of Your Privacy]
Bon Jovi [7800 Farenhiet]


Have no idea who I went with. Had to be Kim, and prob Dan and Ciss.
Bon Jovi, over-hyped and under delivered.
Ratt sounded pretty tinny. I heard that they didn't have their own sound guy on tour, and just hired some local yocal everywhere they stopped. It sounded like it.
Side Note: I used to hang out at a bar in Redondo Beach, CA, and Bobby Blotzer's son was always there, shooting pool, and got me on the guest list to one of his band's gigs. Nice guy.

RIP June 6, 2002, guitarist, Robbin Crosby - Ratt - originally reported as "aids related death", now reports are saying Heroin overdose [1 - 2x ratt - 1985, 1986]

Ratt                [Invasion of Your Privacy]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Your_Privacy
Stephen Pearcy: Lead vocals
Warren DeMartini: Lead & rhythm guitar
Robbin Crosby: Lead & rhythm guitar - RIP
Juan Croucier: Bass
Bobby Blotzer: Drums
Setlist:
  1. Dangerous But Worth The Risk
  2. Give It All
  3. Wanted Man
  4. In Your Direction
  5. Back For More
  6. Never Use Love
  7. Walkin' The Dog
    (Rufus Thomas cover)
  8. You're In Love
  9. You Should Know by Now
  10. The Morning After
  11. Drum Solo
  12. Guitar Duel
  13. Closer to My Heart
  14. Sweet Cheater
  15. You Think You're Tough
  16. Encore:
  17. Round And Round
  18. Lay It Down




Bon Jovi            [7800 farenhiet]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7800%C2%B0_Fahrenheit
Jon Bon Jovi – lead vocals, guitar
Richie Sambora – guitar, background vocals
Alec John Such – bass, background vocals
Tico Torres – drums, percussion
David Bryan – keyboards, background vocals

Setlist:
  1. Tokyo Road
  2. Breakout
  3. Only Lonely
  4. In & Out of Love
  5. Runaway
  6. I Don't Want To Go Home
    (Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes cover)
  7. Get Ready

 

 

Comments

  1. I saw this show in Tulsa OK. Can you imagine Bon Jovi opening for Ratt or anyone else? Both bands were great but Ratt were at the peak of Ratt n Roll. They were flawless and I absolutley loved Ratt. Too bad that Robyn left us and Steven didn't take care of his voice. I saw them a year or two ago and he just cant sing anymore. Ratt n Roll forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, my first comment!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to that same concert in Odessa back in 1985. I also went to a Joan Jett concert in Odessa around the same time. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, Joan Jett was '84, I thought, but I could be wrong. She only came once, and when she got off stage she said, "I hope you liked the fucking show, because I'm never playing this shithole again."
      or something along those lines.

      Delete
  4. Saw this show in Wichita, KS a few months prior. Bon Jovi stopped the show briefly and played some Tom Petty to allow for security to remove some people from the front who were getting crushed against the rail. Ratt owned the night however, and were just awesome. Easily the best of the 4 or 5 times I've seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I really need to finish this thing...

      Delete
  5. This was my first concert, was at the Providence civic center, in RI...RATT was filming their video for "you're in love"at that show,,, had a blast! I was 14,,,,, those were the days man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the post, Jacqueline!! So, are you in the video??

      Delete
  6. Saw it in Norman Ok at the Lloyd Noble Arena. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment